Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pretend City! And no, I don't mean Newport Beach. . .

Well, you won't believe it, but I FORGOT MY CAMERA when I went to Pretend City children's museum with Heather, Rosie,and Baby Sadie last week. I took pictures with my phone. . . but it's just not the same.

I heard about Pretend City through my friend Jenny's blog, and had packed my bags to go before I read the last sentence. She was right. What a brilliant concept! A completely interactive city built for the kiddie set complete with a Police Station, Post Office, Grocery Store, Restaurant. . . the works.

Lucy and Rosie were a shade intimidated at first. I knew it was going to be packed with little kids when I saw the flotilla of SUV's in the parking lot, and yes, there were scads of rugrats running amuck dressed as fishermen, hobbling on crutches, dancing on the stage, and harvesting their crops. Pretty great play.


Lucy harvests her peaches. She then sold them to the grocery store for $50.00. Not a bad day's work!


Rosie picks strawberries and lettuce.


Shopping at the grocery store.

We can't wait to return to get our "grown up" on.

1 comment:

Casa Ciriza said...

Love your recap! You are dead on. So stoked you went to check it out. Isn't it so cool? Weren't you exhausted when you left? A good tired for sure. Fun photos.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS