Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saying goodbye to Nana

We've been in Oregon quite a bit the past two weeks as we spent time with our Nana Welch before she passed away. She was a wonderful lady, full of chuckles and "oh honey"s, and a passion for Wheel of Fortune.

She made apple pies like you wouldn't believe and beds with military precision.

We just picture her in heaven bustling around a kitchen wrapping fresh baked cookies in paper towels, and packing them in Tupperware for others.

I loved her very much and will miss her forever.


Simon and Lucy at the airport


"Great Papa Welch" with Henry and Dad- three generations of Welch men

At the Rogue Valley Manor with Papa

Rosie and Lucy take a spin in the cart at Fred Meier, the most wonderful store in the world


Reflections with Great Papa Welch and Rosie

2 comments:

L SHUK UP said...

I hope your family is doing ok. Love ya!

Casa Ciriza said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother passing Erin. My Grandma passed away two weeks ago too and I just got back from MN last night from the Memorial. I hope you are well. I miss you. We'll have to get together soon...
love you.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS