Thursday, April 8, 2010

Centennial Farm

We had the opportunity to head out to the farm with Mimi, Auntie Hezzie, Rosie, and Baby Sadie this week. The farm is a demonstration farm in Orange County that is designed to give kids a taste of the old farm life. From composting, farming, and raising livestock, the place made us want to sell our city digs for a simpler way of life!

And mostly it made me want to plant some artichokes.

Tentatively mooing at the gigantic bull



Henry wore a hat, just to be festive

The highlight for Lucy was the milking demonstration. . . they brought 2 cows up, hooked them up and milked them for us to see. As nursing mothers, Heather and I were gobstruck watching these cows pump out 3 gallons each. . .

Give me the simple life!

2 comments:

L SHUK UP said...

Watch the Dirty Jobs episode on the dairy farm and you may think differently about the simple life!

Casa Ciriza said...

That's awesome! I'll have to venture down there with my kiddos one of these days. I love the comment on the nursing cows and perspective of being a nursing mother. Hilarious!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS